Being a Christian is one of the hardest things a man can endeavor to be, it is like beginning a new book after years of literary drought. It's like listening to a new genre of music that we aren't used to, it at first sounds lucid then after paying more attention we might begin to enjoy. As a Christian one has to throw away earthly desires and feelings to receive the call of the most high, many a times we try to achieve or reach fulfillments on our own without seeking for the help of the God. Talking with a student of mine today I realized that the hardest battle to fight in this new lifestyle is the battle of the flesh, our flesh is so weak that when we die it goes back into d ground instead of ascending. I know that many Christians out there have the same deep thoughts of their religion as I {I believe Christianity is more of a way of life than a religion} and seek for a way to live a normal life and also be a believer. Even this is possible but our desires make it extremely difficult, desires I believe are hormones which are produced at different spots in the body before they are transported to where they take effect. Even as Christians we do not have control over these hormones but we do have control over one thing which is our mind. The mind or brain controls all the activities of the body including hormonal activity, the hormones would be released or produced notwithstanding the fact that one is a believer in a need-to-be-produced-situation. For instance whilst I was still dating I decided to get more devoted and in the quest I learnt that having a romantic relationship even without sex is still a sin, so I decided that I would tell my then g/f that there should be no more contacts between us. At first she laughed in my face but later decided to agree, I made one mistake though the mistake that many a believer have likewise made which is forgetting to include no visitation in the deal. At first I thought I could do it, so on I went deciding not to kiss then no body contact but all this failed after about 3weeks. WHY? Because I forgot to involve God in my schedules. These same desires still plague me today so much more than before but each time even after I fall into sin I still ask God to sanctify me because without sanctification there is no grace to sin no more. With sanctification there comes a hatred for sin and control of the mind which will in-turn control the hormones, but please make no mistake even if you control your mind without sanctification all that is zilch u achieve nothing because sanctification is by the grace of God and without the grace we can't even begin to live right. A sanctified believer is on the way to being a Christian (Christ-like). Now after d desires comes thoughts which should come first but I believe that the desires are the ones that fuel the thoughts before the deed is carried out, they say without a thought there is no action and the bible says "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he" and also "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh". Hormones which so far I have being refereeing to as desires before starting are triggered by a thought and also ends with a thought before the actual action. So as old Christians and new believers alongside our prayers for this and that let us chip in a prayer for sanctification, for without sanctification our bodies (flesh) would continue to rule our spirits.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Sanctification
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment